Scientific Support Services are at the core of A-TEK’s business. Our scientific support services mission aims to partner with our customers to improve the Quality of Life for all Americans. We accomplish this by providing best-in-class program and project leadership, advisory services, and staffing in a variety of scientific disciplines, from microbiology to pharmacovigilance to quality assurance. Our subject matter experts supported our customers with industry best practices, compliance, protocols, good laboratory practices (GLP), and more. Our scientific domain expertise covers the spectrum of industries, including:
- Molecular Biology
- Medical Devices
- Clinical Trials and Informatics
- Regulatory Compliance
- Patient Safety
- Public Health
- Electronic Medical Records
- Health-Provider Survey & Certification
- Environmental Health
- Adverse Event Identification and Reporting
- Consumer Dietary Products
From bench level to chief level, we provide scientific and laboratory professionals at every career stage (AS, BS, MS, PhD, PharmD, MD). We have built our reputation on an in-depth understanding of the scientific workplace, so we know the right questions to ask customers and candidates.
BioSciences and Laboratory Staff Augmentation
A-TEK works with federal agencies to protect the nation from biohazards. With bio-experts and laboratorians located throughout the country, we sample and test the environment for biohazards and report the results to the decision makers in near-real time.
Our biosciences services are designed to protect our cities from bioterrorism during major events; to detect dangerous organisms that threaten our drinking water, fisheries, lakes and streams; and to ensure our farmlands are free from harmful biohazards.
A-TEK provides laboratory staff augmentation to perform complex molecular-biology techniques to identify and detect the intentional release of select biological agents. A-TEK operates and manages laboratories providing scientific support services that execute good laboratory practices (GLP) in the performance of real time Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) analysis. Our focus is on the analysis, detection and reporting of collected data and statistics for the presence of aerosolized bioterrorism threat (BT) agents that could be classified as a biological terrorist threat harmful to the American people. Services provided include:
- Sample testing, data analysis, interpretation and reporting
- Quality assurance/quality control process improvements
Laboratory sample and data management
- Aseptic technique and Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) to ensure quality in sample receiving, processing, extraction and testing
- Laboratory logistics support including procurement of equipment/instrumentation, consumables and supplies and inventory management/control
- Detection and reporting of select biological agents to rapidly respond to bioterrorist events